A Must read on Hinduism from a German.


A Must read on Hinduism from a German.
http://mariawirthblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/when-germany-is-christian-is-india-hindu/

A quote from the article "In my early days in India, I thought that every Indian knew and valued his tradition. Slowly I realized that I was wrong. The British colonial masters had been successful in not only weaning away many of the elite from their ancient tradition but even making them despise it. It helped that the ‘educated’ class could no longer read the original Sanskrit texts and believed what the British told them. This lack of knowledge and the brainwashing by the British education may be the reason why many ‘modern’ Indians are against anything ‘Hindu’." - quoted from the Article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father and son, went to a temple, suddenly son shouted after seeing the pillars of Lions at the entrance of the...

I have been thinking recently about our state of temples.