I am trying to convert the Taittiriya Aranyaka (chapterwise found in http://www.sanskritweb.net/yajurveda/ta-01.pdf)...

I am trying to convert the Taittiriya Aranyaka (chapterwise found in http://www.sanskritweb.net/yajurveda/ta-01.pdf) to word document. This is required for me to port it to Kindle Format later.

However with just the Font used Sanskrit 2003, I am unable to copy the contents to word. Please suggest any alternative means/what I am doing wrong.
http://www.sanskritweb.net/yajurveda/ta-01.pdf

Comments

  1. If Kindle supports Lohit Devanagari font - you can use that. Download it from Ubuntu /Debian sites. If you want to input swara markings - use Baraha or Bhasha IME. i am not sure whether Kindle supports swara markings. Also download all Devanagari fonts (in Linux variants) so that you can use whichever is suitable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindle doesn't support Devanagari fonts. I am creating A6 documents in word and then converting them into PDF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I find the fonts used within a PDF, the one I have shared in the post? Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are using linux, you can use a utility called 'pdffonts'. For the file you have shared, it uses the below fonts
    pdffonts ta-01.pdf

    DBPELP+Sanskrtvps DBPEMP+Sanskrt-Bold DBPENA+Sanskrit2003 DBPEPB+Sanskrit2003

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the same Chandrasekar M . I tried some other method in windows. I used a software fontforge in windows and opened the pdf. Then was able to download the Fonts. Even after installing the fonts, the issue remains same. I will try in ubuntu tonight. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Father and son, went to a temple, suddenly son shouted after seeing the pillars of Lions at the entrance of the...

I have been thinking recently about our state of temples.